Hello, if you are a starter for serious makeup like me... I would like to suggest some basic "stuff" to put inside your makeup kit.
Throw those cheap face powders/ Johnson's baby powder that you use for your face LOL!
Basic Makeup for beginners must haves!
1. Liquid Foundation (for me, this is the best type of foundation)
2. Loose Powder that should be translucent since I find pigmented ones cakey on the skin. You need to dust on loose powder after the liquid foundation.
4. Eyebrow Pencil for definition, don't buy black ones (they look harsh)... go for Brown Blacks or Dark Browns.. You need it if you have thin eyebrows I hate seeing "barely there eyebrows" xD
5. Eyeliner... Should have 2 kinds, a pencil and a liquid. (brown or black) brown is more natural and looks great on people in general.
6. Blush On, you should have one in pink color and orange/peach one.
7. An eyelash curler, for short lashes like me, putting mascara without eyelash curler is pretty useless.
8. A good waterproof mascara since waterproof mascaras tend to hold the curls of your lashes longer.
9. Bronzer...Its good as blush on, eyeshadow, and for contouring. Versatile, it can also be mixed with liquid foundation for that dewy look.
10. Lipstick, a pinkish to nude ones and a peach/orange color. Don't buy red ones-yet xD
11. Lipgloss (any color you like) to make your lipstick pop with shine and you can also wear it alone if you want.
So yeah, I skipped the eyeshadows because it depends on you, but if you want eyeshadows, you should have a natural palette (classic) and pastel ones because they are funky and youthful. Those are just basic must haves ^.^ Hope you find them helpful ^.^