Nope, I am not going to make you pile on so much makeup.. (yet xD)
Somebody requested me to make a blogpost about this... because a lot of people say I look better than way back then and I will tell you my secrets on how to look better (prettier) gradually. This is for the people who wants to be pretty without undergoing drastic changes.
1. Assess your appearance.. Do you think you need to lose weight? Are you comfortable with it?
Assess your face and your features. If you think your features are messed up, I don't think so... Anyone can look pretty even with small eyes, monolids, uneven eyes, flat nose, big nose, etc.
Shaping your eyebrows makes a big difference on your overall facial appearance. So get rid of your messy eyebrows.
2. You may also want to start investing for a good skin ^.^ Get rid of those pimples, black/white heads.
3. Get a more flattering haircut that suits your face well.
4. If you wear glasses, get a new pair of them that are more fashionable than your current frames or start wearing contact lenses if you get tired of your eyeglasses.
5. The secret is perseverance and being positive.
6. Get braces if you need them, because they will make a huge difference once it fixes your teeth/bite. Or if you've been wearing braces for long and its already due, its time to take them out and wear retainers. I just don't find braces attractive anymore LOL.
7. Start taking better pictures of yourself because its gonna boost your ego and your self confidence, plus you can monitor your appearance. (LOL Im not sarc)
8. Start reading fashion magazines because they help LOTS (for me) and also start joining a beauty forum that you can gather tips from... For me Soompi's Beauty and Fashion Section helped me look better. <3
9. Don't be afraid to take risks if you are confident that you will be happy with the results in the long run. I am not against plastic surgery unless you're gonna do an overall plastic surgery that may change the way you really look because that's freaky.
10. Appreciate all kinds of beauty ^.^ Every person's beauty is unique. Embrace it.
11. Wearing makeup also helps! Try investing for a good foundation/BB Cream and concealer, because they make your skin look flawless. And if you want to go a little further... Makeup is your friend ^.^
Once you achieved a better appearance, you will feel all happy inside and outside ^.^ Its better to start now than later... Because I've seen women who only makes effort on improving their appearance when they're older which is like so frustrating.